The Geological Society of London will be starting a new journal from January 2023 called Geoenergy focused on the Energy Transition.
The focus of the journal will be:
- Energy storage: thermal energy storage, compressed air energy storage, hydrogen storage, hydroelectric storage
- Subsurface disposal and storage: carbon capture and storage (CCS), bioenergy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS), radioactive waste storage
- Geothermal energy: exploration, characterization and modelling of geothermal fields
- Hydrogen energy: exploration, production and storage of hydrogen
- Critical minerals and raw materials: minerals for the energy transition
- Sustainability: surveillance and long-term assurance for management of subsurface resources
The journal website can be found here: https://www.geolsoc.org.uk/geoenergy
Submissions to the journal are now open and the editorial manager can be accessed through the link above.
Most GSL journals are pretty highly rated in terms of impact factors for standard long format papers in geoscience (JGSL = 2.8; Petroleum Geoscience = 2.3) and have a high rejection rate (PG ~75-80%), ensuring that only the highest quality work makes it into print.
If you feel you have something relevant to submit and want to get in early in the journey of a new journal, please do consider submitting.